The IIAB is an affiliate of the US—based IIA Inc, a global organization having more than 180,000+ professional members in 170+ countries around the world dedicated to contribute to the development of Internal Audit practice toward good corporate governance.
IIAB started its journey in 2004 under the leadership of Raihan Shamsi and received formal recognition from the IIA headquarter in 2005.
Besides promoting Internal Audit profession, IIA Bangladesh is committed to contributing to the development of Corporate Governance, Transparency and good corporate governance.
IIAB started its journey in 2004 under the leadership of Raihan Shamsi and received formal recognition from the IIA headquarters in 2005. Now the total membership base of the IIA Bangladesh consists of nearly 200 professionals of the corporate arena of the country representing FMCG, Telecom, NGO, banking and practicing professionals. Membership continues to grow steadily over the years.
Missions of IIA Bangladesh:
- To provide dynamic leadership for the practice of internal audit profession in Bangladesh
- Advocating and promoting compliance of IIA values and Code of Conducts among the practitioners
- Providing professional education and learning opportunities to members
- Awareness and implementation of IIA standard in corporate segment of Bangladesh
- Acting as common platform for all internal audit professionals of the country to share information and experiences
- Building up pool of Certified Internal Auditors (CIA) in the country to enhance professionalism in the practice of internal audit in Bangladesh
This is the first version of member handbook framed up with the purpose of providing its respected members a handy and informative contact reference. Besides giving its user a broad picture of what IIAB is all about, the list of mem bers provide a quick access to all the contact information required to reach a members. This I believe, will serve the purpose of increasing interactions between members for consultation and sharing of concepts, ideas and industry best practices. However, being the very first issue, some glitches may possibly remain. If any such issue is identified, please feel free to contact us through phone or mail so that it can be rectified for subsequent issues.